Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Google Phone

The new Google phone was just announced and pre-orders are being taken. Already, most of the reviews I see online are bad. Until I read them, it was my opinion that the only mistake made was not releasing the phone at the same time as the iPhone 3G. I might have considered it then, but now it is just too late.

I appreciate this take on why the phone will not be a strong competitor in the market: The user interface. Is the UI important? It is to me, of course, and it is really nice to see others say the same thing. Consistent, intelligent, clean design is where Apple claims victory. It has its problems, sure, but overall, Apple's attention to interface detail is what makes it such a pleasure to hold and to use. Unfortunately, it sounds like that lesson was not learned with Android.

No comments: